DeLorean-3.16 is for Gtk-3.16. Unfocused Gtk3 windows have a transparency of 88%, not all Gtk3 apps obey ie. Rhythmbox, and Brasero. I believe this is my finest DeLorean version. Its tight and clean. This includes DeLorean, DeLorean-Dark, & DeLorean-Root themes.
DeLorean-3.16-Alt Themes are avalable Here.
In Xfce4 set unfocused windows to 88% to match Gtk2 apps with any Gtk3 apps you may use. Compton should work the same way. Unfortunately I haven't found an acceptable way to make Gtk2 unfocused apps to use transparency in Gnome.
For the most uptodate revision(currently including Ubuntu fixes, and Atl-versions of the themes that are still underconstruction) download from GitHub Donations are appreciated, Thank You for your support!INCLUDES
- Gtk2 and Gtk3 themes for Delorean, Delorean-Dark, and Delorean-Root
- Gnome-Shell Theme
- Chromium Themes
- Cinnamon-Shell 2,4
- MATE compatability
- Metacity-2 Themes
- Firefox Themess
- xfwm4 Themes
- Openbox-3 Themes
- DeLorean-woken icon themes can be found Here
- More To Come!
- Gtk-3.16 (most of it may work in Gtk-3.14-transparency does not work)
- pixbuf-engine or the gtk(2)-engines package
ROOT THEME INSTALATION
- Download the Delorean package. Unzip the archive, and copy to '/usr/share/themes' for systemwide installation(all users and root), or to '~/.themes' for individual use.
- Arch Linux & Manjaro
- install from the AUR.
- if using yaourt, type in terminal yaourt -S delorean
- Step 1 create symlinks in /root.themes to the global(/usr/share/themes) DeLorean-Root-3.16. Make /root/.themes folder if it doesn't already exist:
sudo mkdir /root/.themes
sudo ln -s -t /root/.themes /usr/share/themes/DeLorean-Root-3.16
- Step 2 Rename the theme in /root/.themes to exactly the same name as the one from ~/.themes that you're currently using. For DeLorean-Dark-3.16 the command is:
sudo mv /root/.themes/DeLorean-Root-3.16 '/root/.themes/DeLorean-Dark-3.16'
- Shortcut Command step 1 and step 2 in 1 command.
sudo ln -s /usr/share/themes/DeLorean-Root-3.16 'root/.themes/DeLorean-Dark-3.16'
- Method 2 Instead of placing the theme in /usr/share/themes, simply place the root theme in /root/.themes, and the deLorean, DeLorean-dark themes in ~/.themes. Then follow Step 2.
- Either way the DeLorean and DeLorean-Dark themes must be located or symlinked to ~./themes and applied from there for this to work.
- How to from: by HEXcube at askubuntu.com/questions/57990/set-a-specific-theme-for-root-launched-applications
- The Chrome theme is located within the theme folders.
- Simply drag-n-drop the Delorean.crx file onto Chromium to install the theme. (You will find this necessary when using this theme).
- This is a patch to make Firefox blend with each version of DeLorean.
- Copy the 'chrome' folder located within the theme folders to '~/mozilla/firefox/xSomeNumbers.default.
- Restart Firefox for the changes to take effect. This depends on one of the DeLorean themes being in use!
- To Remove:
- Simply move the 'chrome' folder to the trash.
I am looking for Bugs and input on the design. Don't be shy Changelog
4-28-2015 many minor fixes within the theme. Fixed the icons on views for the unselected windows.
4-30-2015 Added Dark Theme to package. Will now work on Delorean-Dark theme folder.
5-01-2015 Added DeLorean-Dark theme to package.
5-02-2015 Fixed menus in Firefox and Opera Browsers. Fixes to info boxes and buttons ie. trash bar etc. Fixes to header-bar in dark theme.
5-03-2015 Added DeLorean-Root-3.16 Theme (its red and a bit garish but does the trick).
5-05-2015 added Gnome-Shell theme(inspired by vertex themes gnome-shell).
5-06-2015 Added Cinnamon-Shell and MATE compatibility.
5-08-2015 Added Firefox Themes for both DeLorean and DeLorean-Dark.
5-20-2015 Added Xfwm4 theme Openbox theme and many fixes.
5-24-2015 Added Icon theme.