DeLorean has both light and dark gtk3 themes and a matching light gtk2 theme. The package also includes a dark gtk3 theme and matching dark gtk2 theme known as DeLorean-Dark.
*UBUNTU users: Ubuntu uses Gtk3.12/3.10 currently. This theme is built for Gtk3.14, it will not work on UBUNTU! You will have to be patient for Ubuntu to move up to 3.14 within the next 6+ months. If you cant wait, try Fedora, or Arch. Thank You
**Chromium browser has light text on white background in DeLorean-Dark, I can't fix this. I suggest using one of the provided Google Chrome .crx theme files.
Wallpaper is: 342710_minimalizm_nebo_oblaka_urory_risunok(www.GdeFon.ru).jpgINCLUDES
- Light and Dark Gtk2&3 themes, plus Dark Gtk 2&3 themes for DeLorean-Dark
- Metacity themes for both DeLorean and DeLorean-Dark
- Gnome-Shell Theme
- Xfwm4 themes for both DeLorean and DeLorean-Dark
- Openbox-3 themes for both DeLorean and DeLorean-Dark
- Xfce-Notify theme
- Firefox patch/theme for both DeLorean and DeLorean-Dark
- Google Chrome themes for both DeLorean, and DeLorean-Dark
- gtk-2.24.17(or newer)
- gnome-themes-standard-3.14*(adwaita engine)
- pixbuf-engine or the gtk(2)-engines package
- gtk-engine-murrine-0.98.2(or newer)
- Download the DeLorean Theme package from the top of this page.
Unzip the archive, and copy the DeLorean and DeLorean-Dark folders to '/usr/share/themes/' for system-wide installation, or to '~/.themes' for individual use installation.
FirefoxThis is a set of patches to make firefox work better with dark themes. It is not a Firefox theme.
- Arch Linux & Manjaro
Install from Arch Linux AUR
If using yaourt, type in terminal: yaourt -S delorean
- Unpack the DeLorean-theme package and locate the chrome folder. Next go to '~/.mozilla/firefox/xSomeNumbers.default'.
- If there is no 'chrome' folder, just copy and paste the one from inside the DeLorean theme folder
- If there is a 'chrome' folder, merge its contents with the DeLorean 'chrome' folder.
- Restart Firefox to apply the theme. This theme depends on DeLorean being in use to work properly!
- User Profile You may also desire to create a new user-porfile for the DeLorean theme since it hard codes its appearance. To do this simply open firefox with a trailing '-p', for example: firefox -p. A small gui will appear. Choose create profile and follow the instructions. If you would like this gui to appear at every start-up(recommended) so you can choose you profile. Un-tick 'Don't ask at startup', or you can always start the app with the '-p' to change profiles again.
- The Chrome themes are located within the theme files.
- Simply drag and drop them onto Google Chrome and choose to apply theme
11-01-2014 First upload
11-01-2014 Fixed nautilus from drawing the metal image on the desktop when show icons on desktop is enabled.
11-02-2014 Added Xfwm4 themes and Openbox-3 themes
11-03-2014 Fixed Gimp scale color in DeLorean. Added Hover affect to Openbox theme.
11-03-2014 Addeed Xfce-Notify and FireFox theme for DeLorean.
11-04-2014 Added Firefox theme for DeLorean-Dark. Made fixes to DeLorean FireFox theme.
11-05-2014 Added Google Chrome themes for DeLorean, and DeLorean-Dark. Fixed errors in theme files.
10-06-2014 Fixed error in DeLorean Dark.
11-07-2014 Fixed errors in Gtk2 with arrows. Changed the size of Tabs, buttons, and entrys.
11-07-2014 Fixes to Delorean-Dark.
11-16-2014 Fixes for Firefox patch/theme
11-18-2014 Added Gnome-Shell themes for Delorean and Delorean-Dark. minor fixes to both Gtk3 and Metacity.