Two versions included; Animus, a black notebook and Animus-b, a gray notebook..
Animus is a gray scale theme, no colors are used except for items such as; links and warnings. However, Animus may be personalized by tinting it with color. Animus is designed to be easy on the eyes, and to keep focus on what matters. The design of Animus is minimalist and flat, for those who are familiar with my other works; this is quite a departure.
This is Beta! Icons: Plateau 0.2 IconsBased on the Adwaita themeINCLUDES
- Gtk2 & Gtk3 Themes
- Metacity/Mutter Themes
- Xfwm4 Theme
- Xfce-Notify Theme
- Special Apps: Nemo-FileManager Pantheon/Marlin-FileManger Granite Unity SpaceFM
- gtk-2.24.17(or newer)
- gtk-engine-unico - latest available version
- pixbuf-engine or the gtk(2)-engines package
- gtk-engine-murrine-0.98.2(or newer)
- Download Animus Theme package from the top of this page. Unzip the archive, and copy the Animus folder to '/usr/share/themes/' for system-wide installation, or to '~/.themes' for individual use installation.
- Arch Linux & Manjaro
Install from Arch Linux AUR
If using yaourt, type in terminal: yaourt -S animus
To adjust tints and fonts open the theme folder and go to the...
- gtk-2.0 folder and inside locate the 'gtkrc' file and open with your editor of choice. Scroll down to line #12 (gtk_color_scheme = "user_theme_background_tint:#545454"). Now adjust the hex color code to you choosing. Save, and Log-out & In.
- gtk-3.0 folder and inside locate the user-colors.css file and open with your editor of choice. The rest should be self explanatory. It is highly recommended that the color(s) you choose be in the same 'ballpark' as the background color #545454. In other words, a medium color tone. The color(s) you choose will be mixed down within the theme itself (It will not use the exact color you choose!).
- Gnome3 users should alt+F2 and enter 'r' to reload Metacity/Mutter with the tint adjustment.
- Unity and Metacity2 make things much more difficult. You would need to physically change the color value within the metacity2.xml. That Is well beyond the scope of this tutorial.
- Xfwm4 auto-magically applies the user-tint. Simple re-select the Animus theme in Appearances.
Experiment and have fun!CHANGELOG
02-23-2014 First posting. Rebuilt the xfwm4 theme it is in version 02242014-2
02-25-2014 Xfce-panel and notify reworked. Calendar re-themed. Granite, Pantheon/Marlin-FileManger Themed.
02-26-2014 Second Theme, Animus-b using gray instead of black included. Worked on the Scale-Sliders. Hover-Button in Gtk2. Inline-buttons in Gtk2, they were misaligned. Scrollbar lightened in Gtk2.
02-28-2014 Minor fixes and clean-up: Epiphay(Web) Gnome-Documents Gnome-Contacts Gedit.license GPLv3