This version has been built on top of
the 3.8 version
the Adwaita Theme.
Wallpaper is¬ Linescape
¬ by Tectix.
Icons are 'F-Dark¬ Faenza'.
DeLorean-Dark-3.10 is designed to be sleek and less complicated than the previous 3.8-version; with its high polish and dramatic contrasts.¬ 3.10's backdrop state resembles a pencil sketch, while its normal state sports multi-toned metallic surfaces. INCLUDES
- Gtk2 & Gtk3 Themes
- Metacity/Mutter/Unity Themes
- Xfwm4 Theme
- Xfce-Notify Theme
- Ubuntu Software Center Theme
- gtk-3.10.* (3.8 compatible, see bellow ***)
- gtk-2.24.17(or newer)
- gtk-engine-unico - latest available version
- pixbuf-engine or the gtk(2)-engines package
- gtk-engine-murrine-0.98.2(or newer)
- Download the Delorean-Dark Theme package from the top of this page.
Unzip the archive, and copy the delorean-3.10 folder to '/usr/share/themes/' for system-wide installation, or to '~/.themes' for individual use installation****.
- Arch Linux & Manjaro
Install from Arch Linux AUR
If using yaourt, type in terminal: yaourt -S delorean-dark-3.10
- Ubuntu I am no longer maintaining the killhellokitty PPA. ¬ Instead check-out¬ Noobslab.com. ¬
Trusty Tahr 14.04 the bugs have been squashed. The Window-Manger Theme is now working.
has a great many issues when using this theme. ¬
Including the window manager theme doesn't work. ¬ I do not know if or when this bug will be addressed. ¬
Do not submit bug reports at this time. ¬ Thank You
¬ FIREFOX & THUNDERBIRD
Unpack the DeLorean-Dark theme package and locate the Firefox and Thunderbird files. You will find a 'chrome' folder inside of each. ¬ Next go to '~/.mozilla/firefox/xSomeNumbers.default
' and for Thunderbird go to '~/.thunderbird/xSomeNumbers.default
- If there is no 'chrome' folder, just copy and paste the appropriate one form inside the DeLorean theme package.
- If there is a 'chrome' folder, merge its contents with the appropriate 'chrome' folder from within the DeLorean theme package.
- Restart Firefox or Thunderbird to apply the theme.
¬ You may also desire to create a new User-Profile for the DeLorean Themes since they hard-code the look of both applications. ¬ To do this simply open either app with a trailing '-p', for example: firefix -p
a small gui will appear. ¬ Choose create profile and follow the instructions. ¬ If you would like this gui to appear at every start-up(recommended) so you can choose your profile un-tick 'Don't ask at startup', or you can always start the app with the '-p' to change profiles again.CHANGE THE COLOR
The selected color for both Gtk2 & Gtk3 themes are now made to be easily changed!
Here is what you will need to do...
- Gtk2 go to /usr/share/themes/delorean-dark-3.10/gtk-2.0 and open the gtkrc file in your favorite text editor.
- Go to line #5 (gtk-color-scheme = "bg_color:#2c2c2c\nselected_bg_color:#016295") and replace '#016295' with the hex color of your choosing.
- Save and close.
- Gtk3 go to /usr/share/themes/delorean-dark-3.10/gtk-3.0 and open the gtk-main.css file in your favorite text editor.
- Go to line # 4 (@define-color theme_selected_bg_color #016295) and replace '#016295' with the color of your choosing.
- Save and close.
Thats it! Enjoy!!!CHANGELOG
3-10-2014 ¬ a lot of work on the backdrop state. ¬
3-13-2014¬ many, many fixes and changes.¬ Nemo-File-Browser is now themed.¬ Only a couple items left to address for Gtk3, then move on to Gtk2.
3-16-2014 ¬ First BETA release!¬ Fixes, Fixes, Fixes! Unity is now themed. Gtk3 is finished for now.¬ Gtk2 will be in next update.
3-20-2014¬ Theming of Gtk2 has been completed. whew!¬ There have been a few fixes for Gtk3 as well.¬ The Panel for xfce/lxde still requires attention and Metacity and Mutter.¬
3-21-2014 ¬ Mutter is themed and finished for Gnome-Shell. ¬ Fixed the 'info' colors in gtk3. ¬ Still have Metacity2 for Ubuntu and the Panel to theme.
3-26-2014 ¬ Metacity(2) is themed. ¬ Xfwm4 is themed, I reworked the 3.6-version. ¬ Ubuntu-Software-Center is themed. ¬ Xfce-Notify is themed. ¬ Reworked the themes colors. Nautilus Tabs have had a lot of polishing as well as Nautilus-Search.
3-31-2014 ¬ Nautilus Toolbar, lots and lots of changes! ¬ I added more colors into the mix, not sure about how I like it yet. ¬ Feedback would be great! ¬
The design removes some of the push-button images and leaves just the Icons instead. ¬ I think this makes nautilus easier to work with and cleaner in appearance. ¬ I am not a fan of the wall of multi-purpose push-buttons stretching the length of the window. I mixed things up. ¬ Hope its well recieved.
4-05-2014 ¬ Inputs/Entrys are newly designed to have better compatibility with 3rd-party apps. ¬ Epiphany is redesigned in similar fashion as Nautilus. ¬ I have added a Focused state to the Tabs in Epiphany. ¬ Gnome-Terminal the active tab is now the same color as the terminal-work-area. ¬ Also a hand-full of minor fixes throughout.
4-15-2014 ¬ First Stable Release. ¬ Fixed bug with unreadable text when renaming a file within Nautilus or Nemo. ¬ Most notable changes are the addition of both a Firefox and Thunderbird themes.
5-23-2014 Unity window manager theme is fixed, and Ubuntu centric fixes have been applied.***
There is a bug when choosing Nautilus(Files) to manage the desktop(show icons). bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cg…
I believe I have made a workaround for this bug.¬ At least in Gnome-Shell it works.¬ Unfortunately the fix only works with 3.10, not
Metacity/Mutter may not work properly when installed to '~/.themes'.
Please submit bug reports. ¬ Thank You.
a test drive; you deserve it!
Your feedback is always welcome.