~ An Elegant Dark Theme ~
Dorian has many unique characteristics. Such as, hovered buttons grow in size and insensitive buttons/widgets have a diagonal pattern distinguishing them from normal or active states. Icons: F-Dark(Faenza)Based on the Adwaita themeINCLUDES
- Gtk2 Theme
- Gtk3 Theme
- Metacity/Mutter Themes - Basic and Retro: Left and Right
- Openbox Themes - Default(retro-box) and Dorian-Neon
- Ubuntu Software-Center Theme
- Chromium Browser Themes - Dorian and Dorian-Simple
- Firefox Browser Theme
- Gtk3 - version Gtk-3.10.*
- Gtk2 - version Gtk-2.24.17 or newer
- gtk-engine-unico - latest available version should be fine
- gtk-engine-murrine-0.98.1.1 (or newer)
- pixbuf-engine or the gtk(2)-engines package
- Download the Dorian-Theme package from the top of this page. Unzip the archive, and copy the following four folders; dorian-theme-3.10, dorian-neon, dorian-retro-left-metacity and dorian-retro-right-metacity to '/usr/share/themes/' for system-wide installation, or to '~/.themes' for individual user.
*Should you have problems with the theme appearing incorrectly, warped or distorted(metacity in particular). It may be necessary to reinstall to '/usr/share/themes', and log-out and back in.
- Arch Linux & Manjaro
Install from Arch Linux AUR
If using yaourt, type in terminal: yaourt -S dorian-theme-3.10
- Ubuntu (saucy and trusty) & Linux Mint
Add this PPA. Copy and paste the following in a terminal: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:killhellokitty/themes.ppa && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install dorian-theme-3.10
*This PPA may take several hours to sink with new package updates. Please be patient.
See the Dorian-Theme-3.6
for further details and instructions for installing Chromium-Theme, Firefox-theme, and Ubuntu Software Center Theme. Nautilus Pathbar Styles: squared(default), rounded(3.6 style), and normal button
- Open '/usr/share/themes/dorian-theme-3.10/gtk-3.0/gtk-main.css'
- Scroll to the last items on the page (a line containing:nautilus-pathbar.css).
- Uncomment the style you prefer, or comment all for normal buttons.
(Remove the /* from the front and */ from the back)
- Save and Log-out and back in; or try 'nautilus -q' in terminal.
Nemo theme finished with special attention to pathbar and split-view. Additional Nautilus-Pathbar theme added as default. Changed Column-Headers appearance. 12142013-1
Minor changes with tabs and new tabs for Gtk2. New matching scrollbars for Gtk2. Many various adjustments. This version takes it out of Beta.12172013-1
Ubuntu/Unity fixes for panel and its music player buttons. Also overlay scrollbars. Added the package to Ubuntu repos for Saucy and Trusty.12232013-1
Unity close/min/max buttons added. New buttons for metacity right/left retro themes. fixed column headers in Gtk2 to match with Gtk3.license GPLv3